No matter what I go through in terms of love, it’ll never be enough for me to say, “I give up.” You don’t get too many chances to find the right one, and I don’t want to miss an opportunity because I’m afraid. I’ve been through a couple of heart-breaks. I’ve been through some horrible, emotional moments. Moments that were terrifying and damaging, and that just left me completely destroyed. And you don’t just get over it in a day, there’s a lot of time I spent dwelling and healing that I will never get back. But looking back now, I wouldn’t change anything. I wouldn’t change not one of those hurtful moments because I’m happy now, and I’ve grown so much because of those experiences. The thing with love is that you’ll never know how it’s going to turn out, but I don’t want to live my life being afraid of it. I don’t want to be alone for the rest of my life, if it works out that way then I’ll be comfortable with that, but I’m not comfortable shutting out the world, and denying chances because I can’t allow myself to embrace the risk. When it’s good, it’s very good, and when it’s bad it can be very bad, but throughout all the obstacles, I know it’s worth believing in because being in love is one of the best feelings, and none of those not-so-wonderful moments are worth living a life without it.
- Through someone's tumblr. I agree to a large extent to every single word said right here. I remember what it was like to be so afraid to let anyone in, to simply let my past be the reason why I didn't dare to ever put others in a position where I can hurt them ( regardless of whether I didn't want to ) or put myself in any state where I'd be vulnerable. I built the barriers around me , kept my walls up to prevent anyone from coming in, from really seeing me, flaws and all. I couldn't accept myself for who I was because I was pretty much afraid that no one else would.
But now here I stand, stronger and much more independent than ever. And I'm content.
No more walls, no more barriers, no more fears.
and hell yeah, it feels good. I'm really glad to have overcame all of those insecurities, because trust me things would be so much different. It's really not a matter of change, really trust me. This change was actually for the better, to me at least.
I'm thankful and I will keep this smile on my face no matter what.
1:14 am
<3
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Hell yeah.